Perry County District Library
Strategic Plan 2018-2021
Mission: Explore, Educate, Enjoy!
Goal 1: To offer up-to-date, relevant technology resources.
- Provide and maintain an adequate number of computer workstations for public use, equipped with up-to-date software options and Internet access;
- Provide public access to WiFi daily at all Perry County District Library locations;
- Have an active presence on the web via social media and the library website;
- Offer early literacy enrichment tools and continuing education to youth through technology;
- Provide current technology devices that are accessible to all users.
Goal 2: To be advocates by promoting, encouraging, and supporting all library services while addressing the needs and responding to issues that impact the communities and individuals we serve, especially those seeking educational and employment assistance.
- Partner with other local agencies to provide education & career information assistance, materials and services;
- Provide career readiness materials;
- Provide free computer classes and other free educational opportunities that will assist individuals in furthering their education and preparing for employment.
Goal 3: To maintain a comfortable, welcoming, neutral environment.
- Community groups and citizens of Perry County will have access to neutral meeting facilities;
- All visitors will feel safe and welcome in well-maintained facilities, through the supportive actions of the Board of Trustees, Director, and well-trained staff;
- Accommodations will be promoted to the public through various media outlets.
Goal 4: To provide access to information about current issues and world events through well-rounded, up-to-date resources.
- Proper weeding techniques will be employed to ensure a current collection of titles;
- Material selection will be done in accordance with PCDL guidelines;
- Displays will be used to showcase materials;
- All staff will be trained and responsible for maintaining relevant displays;
- Perry County District Library will adapt the collection as needs and uses change.
Goal 5: To foster a love of reading and provide literacy enrichment opportunities for all.
- Staff will provide quality reference assistance to patrons of all ages;
- Staff will stay current with new standards and be able to assist educators, parents, and students with their library needs;
- Outreach services will be offered to those with special needs or those unable to come to the library, including, but not limited to, those in long-term care facilities, the juvenile detention facility, schools, developmental disability organizations, and the homebound;
- Materials, opportunities for socialization, and common space will be provided to meet the needs of students of all ages, including traditional students, homeschoolers, college students, and adults;
- Services will be evaluated and modified to meet the ever-changing needs of those we serve so as to promote life-long learning and literacy enrichment.